*PLEASE NOTE: You will receive the exact plant as pictured
Anthurium radicans is a unique species and is the only member of section Chamaerepium. It is a small creeping species with cordate and bullate leaves, it is easy to grow and has been used to produce many interesting hybrids with very interesting foliage. These hybrids all seem to be sterile and will not produce a successive generation. A. radicans creeps along on thick stems and will even climb a bit, although it seems to prefer to ramble slowly. Great for terrariums since the leaves stay flat and small. The plants we have available have about 3-4″ leaves.
THIS SPECIFIC PLANT: This is a small, well rooted cutting, with two visible active growth points and one leaf that has been trimmed, and another leaf that has just pushed through! Please note the minor imperfections on the leaf, and that the wound has been sealed with black steri-prune paint.
CARE: Generally, these tropical species thrive in well-drained, moist, organic soil. The ideal potting content for Anthurium Radicans is an orchid mix containing additional sand and peat moss. Its watering needs are low to medium, and may require frequent watering to keep the soil moist (but not wet), depending on its environment and genetics. For a rough estimate, water your Anthurium Radican when the top 1-2 inches of the soil is dry. To help establish your Anthurium, fertilize sparingly at a couple of inches away from the base, tri-annually with a slow time released product. Unfertilized they will tend to grow very slowly. Note: The heavy salts in cheaper fertilizers will damage the roots and possibly kill the plant.
Please read & understand the following important information.
Purchases containing LIVE PLANTS will be shipped on Monday, with purchases after 5pm on Sunday, sent on the following Monday.
Shipped in it's pot, affixed securely to the box, void filled & labelled. (We try our best to use re-purposed, recyclable, or biodegradable materials where available).
PROOF OF CONDITION:
After your plant has been inspected, securely packaged and shipped out, we will update you with photos of:
1. The condition of the plant before it is packed
2. The plant packaged in it’s postage box -(note: we take a photo prior to it being extra cushioned with void filler)
3. The outside of the postage box
EXTRA COVER INSURANCE:
- [Value up to $100] - Free Included Cover
- [Value $100.01-$199.99] - Optional Extra Cover Costs an additional $5
- [Value Over $200] - Free Complimentary Cover, for the full value of the purchase
Read more about it on the Australia Post website for "domestic shipping, optional extras" : https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/domestic-shipping/optional-extras-domestic#extra
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY:
- [Value up to $199.99] - Optional Extra Costs an additional $2.95
- [Value Over $200] - Free & Complimentary
- [Value Over $500] - Free & Required
QUARANTINE STATES (WA, NT, TAS):
We cannot ship directly WA, NT, TAS due to biosecurity restrictions. A Concierge Service provider, that have the required permits, can forward the plants on to Quarantine States.
If you are eager to proceed, we can ship your plants to your chosen, third party, Concierge Service Provider - and they can then forward to you, on the terms & conditions that you, as the buyer:
- engage & organise the service prior to purchase
- update the shipping address to the concierge service before checkout
- understand & accept the risks of the concierge treatments
- bear in mind of, our store, It Plantae's ''Limitation of Liability, & the *Assumption of Risk
''LIMITATION OF LIABILTY:
We take appropriate measures to ensure ALL plants are packaged for safe travel. Our responsibility ends at the point of transfer to Australia Post's Care.
*ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
- Transit/ Delivery - misplaced, lost, damaged , theft, delays, mishandling, accidents
- Weather - extreme temperature conditions, seasonal changes
- Plant Condition - transit shock, deterioration, natural causes, improper care
- Not Limited to- anything that is considered reasonably out of our control
SPECIAL REQUESTS – Please contact us promptly for particular requests, such as:
- ADDING: Extra Cover, Signature on Delivery
- REMOVING: Signature On Delivery for Orders Under $499.99
- CHANGES: Shipping Date on another weekday or deferral to the next week
- LABELLING: Delivery message to courier
Please directly message us, and we will be more than happy to help you.
No, we are unable to ship LIVE PLANTS out of Australia. We can however ship NON-ORGANIC products to International Addresses.