Alocasia Cuprea Red Secret
*PLEASE NOTE: You will receive the exact plant as pictured
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Alocasia Cuprea Red Secret sometimes called the Jewel Alocasia, is a rare metallic-looking Alocasia with cup shaped waxy leaves. This plant has deep red veins with new leaves are bright and shiny in colour. It resembles the scales of a Red Dragon. This plant enjoys a bright spot with morning or non-direct sun and can die off to two to three leaves in the cooler months.
THIS SPECIFIC PLANT: Double planted, so there are two bulbs/plants in the one pot.
Alocasia plants in general do not really travel well, so it may yellow and lose a leaf or so - Don't worry, these guys are pretty fast growing, and should sprout newer leaves from it's rhizome in no time.
PLANTING: Plant in a shaded location or semi-shade with filtered light. Alocasia plants thrive in free draining soil, and pots that have good drainage.
CARE: Water regularly during the first 12 weeks or until the plant is established. Apply liquid fertiliser at half rate every 4 weeks for best results. Remove the old leaves for a quick tidy up. Regular light watering and a daily spritz with water for indoor plants will keep them looking lush. Foliage may die back during the cooler months when plants become dormant. Avoid feeding and heavy watering again until plants develop new leaves. Re-pot during spring only if plants become root-bound, this is the ideal time to remove and re-pot any young shoots which have sprouted. Protect from frost.
Please read & understand the following important information.
Purchases containing LIVE PLANTS will be shipped on Monday, with purchases after 5pm on Sunday, sent on the following Monday.
Shipped in it's pot, affixed securely to the box, void filled & labelled. (We try our best to use re-purposed, recyclable, or biodegradable materials where available).
PROOF OF CONDITION:
After your plant has been inspected, securely packaged and shipped out, we will update you with photos of:
1. The condition of the plant before it is packed
2. The plant packaged in it’s postage box -(note: we take a photo prior to it being extra cushioned with void filler)
3. The outside of the postage box
EXTRA COVER INSURANCE:
- [Value up to $100] - Free Included Cover
- [Value $100.01-$199.99] - Optional Extra Cover Costs an additional $5
- [Value Over $200] - Free Complimentary Cover, for the full value of the purchase
Read more about it on the Australia Post website for "domestic shipping, optional extras" : https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/domestic-shipping/optional-extras-domestic#extra
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY:
- [Value up to $199.99] - Optional Extra Costs an additional $2.95
- [Value Over $200] - Free & Complimentary
- [Value Over $500] - Free & Required
QUARANTINE STATES (WA, NT, TAS):
We cannot ship directly WA, NT, TAS due to biosecurity restrictions. A Concierge Service provider, that have the required permits, can forward the plants on to Quarantine States.
If you are eager to proceed, we can ship your plants to your chosen, third party, Concierge Service Provider - and they can then forward to you, on the terms & conditions that you, as the buyer:
- engage & organise the service prior to purchase
- update the shipping address to the concierge service before checkout
- understand & accept the risks of the concierge treatments
- bear in mind of, our store, It Plantae's ''Limitation of Liability, & the *Assumption of Risk
''LIMITATION OF LIABILTY:
We take appropriate measures to ensure ALL plants are packaged for safe travel. Our responsibility ends at the point of transfer to Australia Post's Care.
*ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
- Transit/ Delivery - misplaced, lost, damaged , theft, delays, mishandling, accidents
- Weather - extreme temperature conditions, seasonal changes
- Plant Condition - transit shock, deterioration, natural causes, improper care
- Not Limited to- anything that is considered reasonably out of our control
SPECIAL REQUESTS – Please contact us promptly for particular requests, such as:
- ADDING: Extra Cover, Signature on Delivery
- REMOVING: Signature On Delivery for Orders Under $499.99
- CHANGES: Shipping Date on another weekday or deferral to the next week
- LABELLING: Delivery message to courier
Please directly message us, and we will be more than happy to help you.
No, we are unable to ship LIVE PLANTS out of Australia. We can however ship NON-ORGANIC products to International Addresses.