Caladium Thai Beauty
*PLEASE NOTE: You will receive each plant exactly as pictured (Tuber/Bulb/Plant)
Caladium Thai Beauty is a strap leaf Caladium with some unique leaves. When young the leaves are green as it matures the leaves start to turn pink with green and white veins. Once mature it produces a great display of bright pink foliage and unusual veining in each leaf which makes a striking plant.
(Caladiums go dormant in the winter/cold weather months). The bigger the bulb, the more potential for growth points. It grows to around 20 cm high, and clumps and multiplies very readily. Your small plant will turn into a big one very quickly.
THIS SPECIFIC PLANT: This is a small plant grown from a mature bulb - that is approximately the size of a 20c Australian Coin. Mother plant is also pictured.
NOTE: Caladiums do not generally travel well, and most will drop leaves. (Common practice is to remove all the leaves, to re-direct energy to the roots, so they can better establish in their new home.)
CARE: Requires, rich and well draining soil. Place in bright shade, or mostly shaded area. Needs regular, even watering in growing season, or to be left drier in dormant state. Fertilize regularly with a soluble fertilizer to promote strong foliage growth. They are frost sensitive, so are generally dormant in winter. Caladiums like warmth and humidity, with a minimum summer temperature of 23 degrees and a minimum winter temperature of 12 degrees.
Please read & understand the following important information.
Purchases containing LIVE PLANTS will be shipped on Monday, with purchases after 5pm on Sunday, sent on the following Monday.
Shipped in it's pot, affixed securely to the box, void filled & labelled. (We try our best to use re-purposed, recyclable, or biodegradable materials where available).
PROOF OF CONDITION:
After your plant has been inspected, securely packaged and shipped out, we will update you with photos of:
1. The condition of the plant before it is packed
2. The plant packaged in it’s postage box -(note: we take a photo prior to it being extra cushioned with void filler)
3. The outside of the postage box
EXTRA COVER INSURANCE:
- [Value up to $100] - Free Included Cover
- [Value $100.01-$199.99] - Optional Extra Cover Costs an additional $5
- [Value Over $200] - Free Complimentary Cover, for the full value of the purchase
Read more about it on the Australia Post website for "domestic shipping, optional extras" : https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/domestic-shipping/optional-extras-domestic#extra
SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY:
- [Value up to $199.99] - Optional Extra Costs an additional $2.95
- [Value Over $200] - Free & Complimentary
- [Value Over $500] - Free & Required
QUARANTINE STATES (WA, NT, TAS):
We cannot ship directly WA, NT, TAS due to biosecurity restrictions. A Concierge Service provider, that have the required permits, can forward the plants on to Quarantine States.
If you are eager to proceed, we can ship your plants to your chosen, third party, Concierge Service Provider - and they can then forward to you, on the terms & conditions that you, as the buyer:
- engage & organise the service prior to purchase
- update the shipping address to the concierge service before checkout
- understand & accept the risks of the concierge treatments
- bear in mind of, our store, It Plantae's ''Limitation of Liability, & the *Assumption of Risk
''LIMITATION OF LIABILTY:
We take appropriate measures to ensure ALL plants are packaged for safe travel. Our responsibility ends at the point of transfer to Australia Post's Care.
*ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
- Transit/ Delivery - misplaced, lost, damaged , theft, delays, mishandling, accidents
- Weather - extreme temperature conditions, seasonal changes
- Plant Condition - transit shock, deterioration, natural causes, improper care
- Not Limited to- anything that is considered reasonably out of our control
SPECIAL REQUESTS – Please contact us promptly for particular requests, such as:
- ADDING: Extra Cover, Signature on Delivery
- REMOVING: Signature On Delivery for Orders Under $499.99
- CHANGES: Shipping Date on another weekday or deferral to the next week
- LABELLING: Delivery message to courier
Please directly message us, and we will be more than happy to help you.
No, we are unable to ship LIVE PLANTS out of Australia. We can however ship NON-ORGANIC products to International Addresses.